In western country, it is common to own a private pilot license, then rent or buy an aircraft to fly freely in the sky.
With the regulations in Taiwan getting more open-minded, for both commercial airlines to private aircraft, the sky scape of Taiwan are getting wider and wider.
Now, with the establishment of Apex Flight Academy, we expect more local will get their own private pilot license, through their own hand and eyes to see the beauty of Taiwan.
Qualification & Requirement
1. Qualification：18 Yrs and older、high school diploma required. (Must be age of 20 or older for CAA exam)
2. English Proficiency： Recommended TOEIC score of 650 or higher. (If the goal is to apply for airline, 850 or higher is strongly recommended)
3. Physical Exam：CAA Class A required in order to apply for airlines Exam fee is NT$15,000 irrespective of class type.
4. Training Aircraft：Diamond Aircraft DA40NG。
5. Location：Taitung Fong Nian Airport (ICAO:RCFN/IATA:TTT)。
(Ground School in Taipei HQ)。
6. Ground Exam：Upon completion of PPL ground school.
7. CHECK-RIDE：Upon passing ground exam and ground oral only check-ride is allowed
I got my private pilot license!
Congratulation for getting your first aerial license, we are sure by now you are an outstanding pilot!
However, should the weather not at its optimal, such as cloudy condition, a PPL license does not give one the ability to fly!
During the time of low visibility, one would require to have an INSTRUMENT RATING as an add-on to your PPL to allow you utilizing the various instrumentation inside the aircraft to fly, without using visible landmarks on the ground!